Literature review includes comprehensive international literature review on the use, structure, organization and work of teachers’ PLCs in both public schools and higher education level, and a consolidated report with themes emerged from both bodies of literature.
Single-day information day event
The 1-day information event which included training for PLC coordinators, was scheduled:
- by the European University Cyprus (higher education level) as a 3-hour event, and then 4 subsequent events were organized that included additional training to the PLC coordinators.
- by the Cyprus Pedagogical Institute (public schools level) scheduled as a whole-morning event, and organized a subsequent 4 events throughout the year that included training and empowerment of the PLC coordinators.
Questionnaires for PLCs participants & stakeholders
Questionnaires for PLCs participants prepared based on the findings from the 2 initial focus groups that were conducted (one interview from the higher education level, and one from the public schools level) and the international literature review. Questionnaires were administered in both higher education & public schools, in an effort to investigate the three areas of interests (good practices, needs, covid-19 practices.
Questionnaire for PLC participants in (public schools’ level)
Questionnaire for PLC participants (higher education level)
A separate questionnaire was developed and administered to stakeholders, policy makers and high-level administration in both educational levels in order to get their perspective on issues related to PLCs in their education system.
Questionnaire for stakeholders (public schools’ level)
Questionnaire for stakeholders (higher education level)
Presentations in Conferences
Publications presenting the findings from WP3 (PLCs’ Conceptual framework) in peer-reviewed international conferences.
- AERA 2023 ANNUAL MEETING
Louca, T.L., Skoulia, T. & Vryonides, M. (2023). Investigating the Potential Introduction of Faculty Professional Learning Communities in Higher Education. Paper accepted for presentation at the American Educational Research Association annual conference (AERA).
Stavrou, C., Hadjitheodoulou, P., & Paparistodemou, E. (2023). School-based Professional Learning Communities for teachers’ actions and practices empowerment in Cyprus education system. Paper accepted for presentation at the American Educational Research Association annual conference (AERA)
- ISLS 2023 ANNUAL MEETING
Louca, L. T., Skoulia, T., & Vryonides, M. (2023). Professional Learning Communities in Higher Education: Investigating a Possible Introduction Among University Faculty. Paper accepted for presentation at the International Society of the Learning Sciences (ISLS) Annual Conference.
- EARLI 2023 ANNUAL MEETING
Louca, L. T., Skoulia, T., & Vryonides, M (2023). An Investigation of the Introduction Faculty Professional Learning Communities in Higher Education. Paper accepted for presentation at the European Association of Research in Learning & Instruction (EARLI) Conference.
Stavrou, C., Paparistodemou, E., & Hadjitheodoulou, P (2023). School-based Professional Learning Communities in a centralized educational system. Paper accepted for presentation at the European Association of Research in Learning & Instruction (EARLI) Conference.
- 8th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON TEACHER EDUCATION PASSION AND PROFESSIONALISM IN TEACHER EDUCATION
Louca, L. T., Hadjitheodoulou-Loizidou, P., Stavrou, C., & Skoulia, T. (2023). Empowering Professional Learning Communities’ Coordinators in Higher Education and Public Schools. Paper accepted for presentation at the 8th International Conference on Teacher Education Passion and Professionalism in Teacher Education.
… coming soon
- Toolkit with about 15 different activities
- Final modular training program
- One publication presenting the findings from WP4
- One publication presenting the findings from WP6
- Final project conference
- An interactive learning portal that will contain all the project deliverables
- Two (2) PLC case studies
- Report on pre and post measurements of participants’ attitudes, knowledge and expectations/ evaluations of applying PLCs